Coldogblog – Food
Coach Col Dog’s Tip of the Week
Foooooddddd – how good is food?? If you have been following me for a while on social media (check out @coachcoldog on Instagram if you aren’t following me already!), you will have seen that I post lots of pics of food, definitely a passion of mine!! This week I thought I’d share some tips on how I approach food to help me FEEL my best!!
- Breaking the cycle – lots of people come to me to change their diet, and want to do it all RIGHT NOW! A week later, they are hating life and old habits creep back in. Changing habits takes time, a good way to start is to nail your breakfast each day for the first two weeks – take the pressure off the meals for the rest of the day – one step at a time.
- Don’t eat breakfast?? Start with a simple protein shake, add some greens powder, berries and some nut butter for good fats – get your stomach used to digesting “food” at that time of the morning. Great option to have at work during the day too – if you don’t get time to eat – better than a run to the cookie jar..
- Don’t like veggies?? Shred them up in mince dishes, add some hot spices, cook them in organic butter – plenty of ways to cover the taste a little and still get lots of nutrients in.
- Eat out – SO SO many healthy cafes around – I get heaps of ideas on new food combinations from trying different things out.
- Don’t let one bad meal multiply – balance and sustainable habits are key to successful nutrition, I average one “no rules” meal a week, 12 months ago it was more than that, 5 years ago it was plenty more again, consistently improving my habits has made this easy, despite my underlying love for all of the food haha. One bad meal won’t make you fat, just as one good meal won’t make you healthy – nutrition has such a positive impact on every aspect of your well being when you start to nail it – why not start now, feel the difference for yourself!!
More to follow in future tips on all things food, I hope some of the content in this post strikes a chord with you!! Feel free to comment below with your thoughts or any tips that help you nail your nutrition!!